You can perfectly legally gamble at online casinos if you are a UK player, for unlike many countries of the world, the UK government has decreed that gambling online, whether that is at a casino site, a poker or bingo site or even placing a bet on a sporting event is legal.
There are however a few checks that you should perform when you come across an online casino that you wish to play at for the first time that is offering you the type of games you are wishing to play and possibly a bonus you wish to claim too.
You should ensure that any casino site you are thinking of playing at has been granted a full gambling license by a recognised gambling license issuing jurisdiction and is offering you a gambling platform and suite of games that has been tested and verified as offering fair and random games.
I have played and reviewed the best non-Gamstop legal online casino sites in UK below:
100% Legal & Not On Gamstop Verified Bonus Mobile Friendly Advertiser Disclosure. Must be +18 to participate.
All online casinos will, on their website, have details of which licensing jurisdiction issued them with a gambling license and you ill of course find details of the games available at that site and also which independent third party casino game testing company has verified their games are being fair and random.
All of the casino site you will find showcased and reviewed on this website do of course hold a full gaming license, each of them also offer fair and random games, and there are plenty of valuable bonuses that all UK based players are going to be able to make use of at those sites.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have never played at an online casino site before then you may have a few questions that you are looking for the answers to, and if you are then below are the most commonly asked ones along with the answers to those questions.
- What gambling games can I play online?There are no rules in regards to just what types of casino games and other games of chance you can play as a UK resident online. With that in mind at virtually all casino sites you come across online you will find a truly enormous selection of different casino games, all of which you will be able to play quite legally from anywhere within the UK.
- Are my winnings taxable?There are no taxes to be paid when you win any amount of money as a player from the UK playing at an online casino site, and as such all winnings you do achieve will be yours to keep free of any type of taxes. In fact all forms of gambling in the UK have been made tax free from a player’s point of view as it is the owners and operators of those sites and venues who are required to pay tax on their earnings but not the players.
- How old do I have to be to gamble in the UK?You have to be over the age of 18 if you wish to gamble at an online casino in the UK, in fact to take part in most gambling activities in Great Britain you have to be at least the age of 18. All licensed online and land based gaming venues will require you to supply them with identification documents to prove you are the legal age to gamble, so if you are not 18 please do not try as the gambling site operators will find out.
- How can I make a deposit into a UK online casino site?There are going to be plenty of different ways that you can transfer money into an online casino site, you should however ensure that the method you choose to use is not going to force you to have to pay any additional fees.The best way you can deposit into a casino site is by you using a debit card to fund you account as there will be no fees attached to using that method and casinos can also pay you your winnings back to the bank account linked up to that debit card quickly and easily.
- What casinos are fully licensed in the UK?If you are looking for a first class online casino site which is fully licensed and regulated in the UK then we can recommend the 32Red Casino, this is a casino that uses the Microgaming gaming platform and you will have access to lots of different games when play there.Have a look at our review of 32Red Casino as we have a high valued welcome bonus to introduce to you which will allow you to boost the value of your initial deposit.
To help you find a land based gaming venue in the UK that is going to offer you everything you need we have several additional resources that you can make use of and these are listed below.
Land based UK Casinos – Should you ever wish to visit a land based casino then take a look at our guide to those venues as it will enlighten you on what you can expect when you do so!
UK Lotteries – There are of course several lotteries held each week in the UK, and with some huge cash prizes on offer you could win big with some luck in playing!
UK Bingo Clubs – The number of UK bingo clubs has been decreasing in recent years due to the smoking ban and the popularity of online bingo sites, however there are still plenty of bingo clubs in many towns and citifies.
Racecourses in the UK – If you ever want a day out at the races you will be amazed at just how many racecourses are dotted around the UK and in this guide we take a look at some of them.
UK Gambling Laws and Regulation – All gambling activities in the UK are overseen by the UK Gambling Commission and they have a robust set of rules and regulations in regards to all licensed gaming premises in the UK.